Thursday 31 May 2012

Ramblings of the day...

An update on the photo shoot with La Mode... 


I had a lovely time, it confirmed just how much I love being in front of the camera, having my hair done, make-up and changing into the various outfits with the help of a stylist...felt so glam. I could definitely do that everyday of my life.


The only downside was...when they gave me the most hideous hair style, they back brushed my hair, used a bottle of hairspray on it and pinned it up, something I NEVER do to myself. I felt awkward and exposed and not so glam for a few minutes. But as I was told by the stylist, when you're a model you are the product for that moment, so if they want you in a black bag you just have to suck it up and go with it....and those words scared me, I realised I am too vain for modelling..I like looking good and feeling confident most of the time.


After the photo shoot and consultation on how to proceed into the modelling world, they asked me to sign up with them at a cost of over £2000! As you know I am not working just yet, so cannot afford that on the whim I'll even get booked for jobs. That was a chance I am not willing to take. I'm 30, that's like 50 in the modelling world.. isn't it?


As I declined to sign up I did not get any of my photos, I took some cheeky shots whilst changing between outfits. At least I spent 7 hours in studio doing a proper shoot and my height,weight and measurements are all in proportion. I feel like a supermodel in MY own world :-)


 Above is the hair style I did not like, below is more me, although they darkened my eyebrows too much..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...