Friday 18 May 2012

Ramblings of the day...

Marilyn Manroe

Whilst reading an article about how men like women without make-up, in sweat pants, even our flabby bits and ‘imperfections’, (sent to me by the Boy I like), at first I thought it was so sweet and what I took from it was, he likes me the way I am…but I soon started to doubt there was a hidden message and my insecurities crept in.

Firstly I thought, if I was really overweight, never wore make-up or dressed up, would he have looked at me or asked me out? (I doubt it) So was wondering how true this article was, and was it just a ploy for some guys to keep their girls looking, shall we say ‘not-so-hot’.

Secondly, I (and I’m using this word lightly) exercise, always have manicured nails, dress up and make sure I look presentable as much as possible, but I do this for myself, not necessarily for others. I am a girly girl and love looking good, which makes me, feel  good and gives me my confidence boost I need to face daily life.

After all, if this was true, that men like women flabby in sweat pants, then what is the point of us females putting in the effort to look good when we around our guys?  The thing is, with pressure from society and the media; we feel the need to strive for a certain look. We do not have to fall into that trap, if your man tells you he likes you the way you are, then believe him, thank him for the compliment then give him a big thank you kiss. For the rest of us, do what make you feel good, don’t feel pressurised to do more or less to make you happy. Because feeling good is more important and ties in with looking good.

Moral of the story…I should’ve stick to my initial thoughts and leave it at that.

‘When a man’s love is true, he wouldn’t care if you get fat or wrinkled. He loves you for your heart, not your body’  

4 comments:

  1. Where do get your Images from? All of them are so appropriate and the best quality! I wanna write you a lengthy email...answering certain FAQ's in your last FB inbox msg. Has your email changed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bubblewrap, thanks for your comment. You can email me on janicex1000@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I think that a female should always look gud, whether in an off day or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith, I agree with you mostly, but there is a reason why we need 'off days'...besides I do believe feeling good on the inside exhumes confidence on the outside, and that's how some females can pull off looking sexy in a potato sack lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...