Thursday 27 November 2014

Rambling of the day..



So while at work, in our Johannesburg office the other day….there I am typing away in response to an email when a car pulls up - we have a view of the parking area - and out comes a guy who walks around to the passenger side and kindly opens the door, out steps a very well put together women with an extremely satisfying yet unassuming look on her face. She waits, he closes the door, looks at her for what feels like a minute, but a mere 3 seconds and kisses her, they hug and off she goes into some other office close to mine. There I was, at that moment I realise I was the only one to witness this modern day chivalry, alone, in complete bewilderment.

As sad as it is to admit, I don’t think I have ever seen that in real life, besides in suggestive romantic comedies! Oh how I wish that was me. I’d like to think of myself as a bit of a feminist, but I’m also a huge fan of old school romance, good old simple romance goes a loooong way with me, and sometimes I think that is what this world is lacking. And it works both ways, my heart just gushed witnessing their special little moment, reminded me again, how simple it is to show one another appreciation and love, it is not always necessary for big gestures, but ultimately, it IS the small things that count, simple manners, being courteous, respectful and appreciative. Hope to find this in my Prince Charming one day J

Peace and love x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...